To provide academic and administrative units of Florida State University exemplary professional staff, customized business operations and a proactive liaison relationship with the Division of Finance & Administration.
To facilitate and assist academic and administrative units of Florida State University in accomplishing their objectives by maximizing the performance of University business, human resources and administrative procedures.
As a partner between the university community and the Division of Finance and Administration, we hold the following values in high regard:
We are committed to achieving excellence in all duties and responsibilities delegated to our staff by the client site. We will establish guidelines and performance measures that will gauge our ability to perform on a consistent and professional level. We strive to recruit and retain the best employees who have the desire to provide the highest performance in their respective position. To strengthen our workforce retention we provide a career path for employees and appropriate training to assist in their upward mobility. We strive to address the individual needs of each employee and provide a wide variety of training and educational opportunities.
As part of the university infrastructure, we strive to conduct ourselves in a manner that exhibits the highest standards in all areas of our responsibilities. We continually seek feedback from our client sites and university departments to ensure our presence on campus is professional on all levels.
Providing a superior customer service to our client sites and affiliated central offices requires that we provide a variety of services in a manner that exceeds the customer's expectation. We view our UBA sites as "customers" and seek to provide well-trained and customer oriented staff at each site.
In all aspects of our service we strive to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in the way we conduct our business functions. To achieve this goal we foster an environment of continuous staff development through regular staff meetings, classroom style training, and one-on-one mentoring partnerships. The UBA Central Office provides standardized reports and compliance measures for each client site to ensure we provide streamlined and well-integrated operational processes to maximize our effectiveness and efficiency.
The University Business Administrators provide a wide range of services to participating client sites. We strive to provide:
- On-going training, workload coordination and general supervision of the fiscal/administrative staff
- Resources from the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Administrative Services to quickly and effectively achieve the financial and administrative program objectives
- Standardizing and streamlining operational tasks and processes while meeting the specific fiscal/administrative needs of the participating unit
- Periodic external review of control processes to ensure the integrity of the fiscal/administrative systems and to minimize the risk of irregularities and audit criticisms
- Career opportunities and staff development for fiscal and administrative staff